Saturday 24 December 2016

The African Epiphany

This is not a post to boast. And before you say anything, it's not a crime to rhyme. I'll stop now and get to the point.

I am proud, for I stood up against the vicious tides that took away so many, and I said no, it's just not my time yet.

No, it's not life or death I'm talking about, but the metaphor is appropriate and on point nonetheless.

I'm only halfway through my gap year, and I already know it was the best decision of my life. I have been blessed with some incredible opportunities in life, but this one I believe I was able to create, with the support and wise words of a mere minority, the enlightened few. I am forever grateful and in debt to those beautiful souls - you know who you are.

So here's a toast to all the cultures I got to, and will continue to discover and appreciate, to all the amazing people which with every single word that came out of their mouths have further convinced me that I am on the right path, and that my happiness is priceless, that I should never ever compromise because the system, the establishment, the status quo says so.

Live for you and for your happiness only. Chase your dreams. Forget following the herd and lead your own path, tomorrow is never assured.

Hakuna Matata
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© FaithStatic | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig