Monday 29 June 2015

Remember Tonight


I was reminded once again last night of that special feeling of knowing you're in the presence of love and how love conquers all. Love, put simply, appears to me to be the essence of life. Without love, we are nothing. I accept that the perception and experience of love may differ from person to person. Some of us will find love as we gaze into each other's eyes and see into the depths of their hearts, whereas others may find love in a sport, a place, a restless dream... But love in itself is essential,constant and necessary, even for those guided by evil.

I admit this may be a slightly rushed reflection of a drunken night full of celebration and excitement, but I felt the need to share these thoughts, thank my friends for reminding me once again that there is hope for all of us and that love is the guiding force of our lives, and above all, wish them a lifetime of happiness. I dedicate this piece to you guys, you know who you are :)

And I think it's appropriate to close with one of my favourite quotes from One Tree Hill.

"Remember tonight, for it is the beginning of always. A promise, like a reward for persisting through life so long alone. A belief in each other and the possibility of love. A decision to ignore and simply rise above the pain of the past. A covenant, which at once binds two souls and yet severs prior ties. The celebration of the chance taken and the challenges that lie ahead. For two will always be stronger than one, like a team braced against the tempest civil world. And love will always be the guiding force in our lives. For tonight is mere formality. Only an announcement to the world of feelings long held. Promises made long ago, in the sacred spaces of our hearts"

PROVEHITO IN ALTUM
Daniel


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© FaithStatic | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig